European Portuguese-Standard Arab Dictionary
- Project Identification: European Portuguese-Standard Arab Dictionary [P229523]
- Group: Lexicology, Lexicography and Terminology
- Coordination: Abdesslam Okab (IEHL, Rabat Mohamed V University)
- Portuguese team at CLUNL coordination: Teresa Lino, Raquel Amaro (Lexicology, Lexicography and Terminology group)
- Duration: Jan. 2017 to Mar. 2021
- Funding: Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation (CLUNL); Centre Nationale de Recherche Scientifique et Technique, Morocco (IEHL)
- Keywords: Bilingual Lexicography; Portuguese; Arab.
The European Portuguese-Standard Arabic Dictionary (DPEAP) project was developed within a Framework Agreement for Cooperation between the Mohammed V University and the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, under a cooperation protocol between the Institut of Hispanic and Lusophone Studies (IEHL), the coordinating institution, and the Lexicology, Lexicography and Terminology Group of the Linguistics Research Centre of NOVA University of Lisbon (CLUNL).
The DPEAP is aimed at an audience of Arabic-speaking university students learning Portuguese, and is a useful linguistic resource not only for students, but also for teachers, translators and professionals from other areas (economics, commerce, business, tourism, among others).
The CLUNL team was in charge of the lexicographic consultancy and training of the project, having been essential to the reflection on the methodologies to be adopted for the elaboration of a bilingual dictionary and to the definition of the objectives to be achieved, taking into account the target public for whom the dictionary is intended, as reflected in the results of the project.
The procedures to be adopted in the compilation of the dictionary, the metalexicographical information to include and its possible reflection in the microstructure of the entries were proposed based on a reiterated work of revising and recomposing entries of the letters A and B. Several actions and training events were also carried out, as well as tasks of phonetic transcription and syntactic description of verbal constructions and tasks of validating the synchronic and cultural adequacy of definitions and examples for Portuguese.
Jornadas de Lexicografia Bilingue: Português-Árabe (Journeys on Bilingual Lexicography: Portuguese-Arab), CLUNL, Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (NOVA FCSH), Lisbon, 23-27th January, and 8-9th February 2017.
Seminar “Lexicultura e expressões idiomáticas no Português Atual” (Lexiculture and idiomatic expression in Contemporary Portuguese), CLUNL, Universidade Mohammed V of Rabat, Morocco, 24-25th April 2017.
Seminar “Lexicografia e Dicionarísticas Bilingues” (Bilingual Lexicography and Dictionarists), CLUNL, NOVA FCSH, Lisbon, 10th July 2017.
Seminar “Terminologia, Termos específicos, Colocações e Locuções idiomáticas no Dicionário Bilingue DPEAP” (Terminology, Specific Terms, Colocations and Idiomatic Locutions in the Bilingual Dictionary DPEAP), CLUNL/IEHL, Universidade Mohammed V of Rabat, Morocco, 11-12th December 2017.
Lisbon Summer School in Linguistics 2017, seminars “Lexicographie et Métalexicographie”(Jean Pruvost – Université Cergy-Pontoise / Teresa Lino – CLUNL) “Specialized lexicon: perspectives, analyses and results”, (Raquel Amaro / Rute Costa – CLUNL), NOVA FCSH, 3-7th July 2017: seminar attendance by the Moroccan team.
Lisbon Summer School in Linguistics 2018, seminar “Trends and advanced approaches in Lexicography” (Teresa Lino, Raquel Amaro, Rute Costa – CLUNL), NOVA FCSH, 2-6th July 2018: seminar attendance by the Moroccan team.
Lisbon Summer School in Linguistics 2018, seminar “Trends and advanced approaches in Lexicography” (Teresa Lino, Raquel Amaro, Rute Costa – CLUNL), NOVA FCSH, 1-5th July 2019: seminar attendance by the Moroccan team.
Publications and communications
Barbosa, Sílvia (2018). Léxico e cultura: a herança árabe (marroquina) “à mesa portuguesa”. In: Abordagens de Lexicografia Bilingue Português Europeu Árabe Padrão. Rabat: Institut d’Etudes Hispano-Lusophones, Mohammed V University, pp.129-143. ISBN 978-9954-22-943-9.
Heitor, Olga (2018). Lexicultura e Ensino de Português Língua estrangeira. In: Abordagens de Lexicografia Bilingue Português Europeu Árabe Padrão. Rabat: Institut d’Etudes Hispano-Lusophones, Universidade Mohammed V University, pp.145-158. ISBN 978-9954-22-943-9.
Lino, Teresa (2018). Lexicografia Bilingue: Dicionário Português Europeu-Árabe Padrão. In: Abordagens de Lexicografia Bilingue Português Europeu Árabe Padrão. Rabat: Institut d’Etudes Hispano Lusophones, Mohamed V University, pp.11-29. ISBN 978-9954-22-943-9.
Lino, Teresa; Robalo, Karima; Barbosa, Sílvia; Heitor, Olga; Ferreira, Fátima & Lino, Catarina (2020). Terminologie vulgarisée des énergies renouvelables. Langue(s) & Parole, Revue de Philologie Française et Romane, (5), pp.231-252. ISSN 2466-7757.
Lino, Teresa; Robalo, Karima; Barbosa, Sílvia; Heitor, Olga; Ferreira, Fátima & Lino, Catarina (2020). Renewable energies – a case study of vulgarized terminology in the general language dictionary. Second Wroclaw Terminological Meeting, Wroclaw (Poland), 5th-7th of March 2020 (communication).
Robalo, Karima Fangour (2019). Vulgarisation Terminologique dans le Domaine des Énergies Renouvelables, Português-Árabe. PhD thesis supervised by Teresa Lino. Universidade NOVA de Lisboa. Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/10362/89285
Lino, Teresa (coord.) Dicionário Português Europeu-Árabe Padrão – DPEAP: Procedimentos e Revisões, proposal of lexicographical procedures and revisions for DPEAP. (general documents, revised versions 2018 e 2019).
Teresa Lino (coordinator Jan./2017 – Dec./2019)
Raquel Amaro (coordinator Feb./2020 – Mar./2021)
Catarina Bernardino Lino
Karima Fangour Robalo
Menu < back
- Ongoing projects
- iRead4Skills – Intelligent Reading Improvement System for Fundamental and Transversal Skills Development
- ProPerL2 – Production and Perception in L2 speech learning
- Heritage Languages go to School: The interplay of (extra)linguistic factors in successful language development
- Investigating the impact of implicit and explicit instruction on phonological acquisition in a second language
- LL2DS – Linking Linguistics to Data Science
- CORRELATE – Corpora and Lexical and Terminological Resources
- ANACOREX – Anafora y expresiones referenciales en el bilinguismo: triangulando enfoques de corpus y experimentales
- Caring Communication: gene therapy in the context of hemophilia
- CoRaLHis – Comparing Romance Languages through History: building a multilingual parallel diachronic corpus (13th-18th C.)
- Humanities Going Digital (HUGOD)
- MorDigital – Digitisation of Diccionario da Lingua Portugueza by António de Morais Silva
- QuILL – Quality in Language Learning
- Western Sephardic Diaspora Roadmap
- Project GiroFLE
- Com@Rehab – Communication for interactive rehabilitation in virtual reality
- COVID-19 Collaborative Glossary
- Read4Succeed: Improving migrant, refugee and from deprived neighbourhood children reading skills through an Animal Assisted Reading program
- TERMVEST – The Clothing Terminology: European Portuguese version
- Digital Edition of the “Vocabulário Ortográfico da Língua Portuguesa” (VOLP-1940)
- PIPALE – Preventive Intervention Project for Learning to Read and Write
- Corpus Linguístico & Avatar para a Língua Gestual Portuguesa
- ELEXIS – European Lexicographic Infrastructure
- POR Nível – Design and validation of a placement test to PFL
- ANACOR: A corpus-based approach to anaphora resolution in second language acquisition: beyond the interfaces
- Cultural Heritage Lexicon
- Chair of Portuguese as a Second and Foreign Language
- Concluded projects
- Monitor Corpora. PressCoronaVírus
- European Portuguese-Standard Arab Dictionary
- MOCOLANG-O – MOdélisation COnceptuelle des troubles (du LANGage et de la communication) en Orthophonie
- Romance clitics in diachrony. An integrated approach
- Portuguese Literature Corpus for Distant Reading
- ALPROF – Automatic Assessment of Language Proficiency for Migrant Integration
- CLARIN CLUNL
- Utopia, Food and the Future
- Development of syntactic structures in Portuguese and French monolingual and bilingual acquisition
- The Case of Grammatical Relations
- BlackBox – a Collaborative Platform to Document Performance Composition: from conceptual structures in the backstage to customizable visualizations in the front-end
- Promotion of scientific literacy
- PerGRam – Percursos para o ensino da gramática nos primeiros anos de escolaridade
- Knowledge Organisation Proposal within the scope of infertility: the role of Terminology
- Subordination in Medieval Portuguese
- Crosslinguistic and Crosspopulation approaches to the Acquisition of Dependencies
- Syntactic and lexical factors in processing complexity
- SIERA – Integrating Sina Institute into the European Research Area
- Syntactic Dependencies from 3 to 10
- Events and subevents in Capeverdean
- TKB – Transmedia Knowledge Base for Contemporary Dance
- Research network projects
- CLIL in Languages Other Than English
- NexusLinguarum – European network for Web-centred linguistic data science
- Heritage Language Consortium
- @ Cientista Regressa à Escola
- Distant Reading for European Literary History
- KEYSTONE – Semantic Keyword-Based Search on Structures Data Sources
- ENeL – European Network of e-Lexicography
- GraMaLL – Grasping Meaning Across Languages and Learners
- Language Impairment in a Multilingual Society: Linguistic Patterns and the Road to Assessment
- Value for Health CoLAB
- Services provision